Una nueva muestra de que la no-pacificación de Palestina no tiene por causa Israel es precisamente que los palestinos no son pacíficos ni entre ellos:
CITY, Gaza Strip - Hamas gunmen on Friday burst into the home of a top Fatah official in Gaza and arrested him, relatives said. He was the most senior Fatah politician to be detained since Hamas forces overtook the territory in June.
Also Friday, three people were killed in an unexplained explosion at a funeral in Gaza City. Witnesses said a man carrying explosives in a jacket accidentally detonated them, while Hamas security said a member of the procession threw a pipe bomb.Omar Al-Ghoul, arrested by Hamas for "illegal activities," had been spending much of his time in the West Bank after Hamas violently seized control of Gaza last June. He arrived in Gaza on Thursday to attend his mother-in-law's funeral.
Al-Ghoul is an adviser to Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad, whose moderate West Bank government was formed after Hamas' Gaza takeover. (no, no habeis leído mal: dice que Al Ghoul es un consejero del Primer Ministro Palestino Salam Fayyad, cuyo gobierno moderado de la Franja de Gaza fue constituido después de que Gaza fuera tomada por Hamás. Como alguien puede considerar moderado a quien impuso Hamás, es algo que sólo puede explicarse en lo rastrero de ciertos medios de comunicación....)Around 4 a.m., armed gunmen in civilian clothes burst into Al-Ghoul's home, ransacking it and seizing him, his relatives said.
His wife, Shifa Al-Ghoul, said the gunmen threatened to blow open the door before the family let them in. After 10 gunmen took her husband away, another group searched the home for two hours, she said. The forces confiscated two computers and other personal belongings and abused her verbally before they left, she said.
Palestinian supporters of Omar Al-Ghoul, an advisor to Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salam Fayyad protest against his detention by Hamas forces in Gaza City, Friday, Dec. 14, 2007. Armed gunmen burst into the home of the top Fatah official in Gaza early Friday and kidnapped him, the man's family said, in the first such abduction of a politician since Hamas forces routed their Fatah rivals and overtook the strip in June.
Anteriores posts al respecto:
- Annapolis: ¿por qué no soy optimista?
- Gaza clashes - enfrentamientos en Gaza.
- La jihad de los politonos - Mobile jihad.
- El futuro en el Oriente Próximo: guerra civil en el Líbano y Olmert entregándose a los palestinos.
- Palestinian Christian activist killed in Gaza - Activista cristiano-palestino asesinado en Gaza.
- Ahmadineyad "propone” trasladar a Israel a los “amplios territorios de Canadá o Alaska”.
- Hamas and Fatah, clashing … again.
- Hamas, Gaza and the Muslim Brotherhood’s project.
- As Tony Blair is named envoy to ME, Fatah Dahlah accusses Iran and Qatar over Hamas coup.
- Hamas posts Israeli soldier tape before summit.